I recently purchased the 4g version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 at my local Verizon store. There were a few small issues like not being able to watch Netflix on the device (though with the price increases I recently cancelled my Netflix account). However, I have to admit that I am very pleased with my new mobile device. There is one problem: every so often, it loses 4g connectivity (and 3g doesn’t work either when this happens). This just happened again today after using it as a wireless hotspot for a few hours. I tried a hard-reset, turning on and off airplane mode, turning on and off wifi, and many other logical solutions, but to no avail. I Googled for a solution, and found a few links, but none of them provided me with the right solution either, though it was nice to see that I wasn’t the only one with this problem. Then after some tinkering I discovered that you can fix this connectivity problem pretty easily as follows:
- Turn off your Samsung 10.1
- Remove the Sim card
- Turn on your Galaxy Tab – the system will restart and prompt you to shut down.
- Do a full power-down (hold the power button and then “turn off” the tablet)
- Power up – you will get a warning that the Galaxy won’t work without a Verizon Sim card plugged in
- Power down and insert the Sim card
- Power up and your 4g connection should be working again